Inquiring Minds is delighted to share this video, which captures the incredible learning journey of our Prek children and their baby chick investigation. Our youngest students enjoy spending time exploring Richland’s Blog, and would welcome your comments!
An investigation, near and dear to the Prek children was the journey we traveled with our sweet, beloved, ‘Baby Chicks.’ We took great pleasure in working so diligently in preparing for our first ever ‘Science Inquiry’ engaging in ‘the lifecycle of the baby chicks.’ We became fully immersed with our investigation. In addition to the light table and construction area, being transformed into a habitat for our baby chicks, we:
- watched the chick eggs incubating for 22 days
- observed with love each day our growing eggs
- documented in our observational journals through illustrations and photographs
- painted with water colour
- created with clay
- used the Epson board for drawings, further exploration and learning
- felted baby chicks in Studio.
It is with great pleasure, that we wish to share this most inspirational journey with our Richland Academy Families through this video, which was created and shared on the day of our ‘Science Inquiry.’ We will indeed remember and bookmark, as a highlight of our Prekindergarten learning experiences. This was a monumental learning journey for our Prek children, filled with much joy, excitement and passion.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/67218134″ width=”100%” height=”300″]