- “Butterflies eat leaves. I’ll pick them and Jerry can help. Butterflies come in the Spring.” (Daniel)
- “Butterflies fly fast. You have to sneak up and have a net to catch them.” (Jerry)
- “If a butterfly hears you he will fly away.” (Pranav)
- “Butterflies come back from their hibernation.” (Alexia)
- “Butterflies build another cocoon and hide in there.” (Vismay)
- “Butterflies fly south where it is warmer.” (Annie)
- “They come out of an egg, wait in the cocoon 4 weeks and then are a butterfly.” (Madeleine)
Over the coming weeks, the children will be exploring and investigating butterflies through the “100 Languages of Children”. A live caterpillar larvae will be coming into the classroom to help them with their inquiries.