Inquiring Minds would like to share some important links to TVO programming which covered the Learning 2030 Equinox Summit last month. The insight and opinions shared in this series are immensely valuable for educators and parents alike. Here is some background about Learning 2030 for you: It has never been more important to invest in the next generation and their capacity to tackle the increasingly complex challenges in the decades to come. Children born this year will – if all goes well– graduate from high school in the year 2030. But with what kind of skills? Global reports indicate a persistent and complex shortfall in education: high school is the phase of education when students report the least engagement in learning and question the relevance of what they are learning.
The Agenda with Steve Paikin: Learning 2030
- How Technology Can Customize Learning
- Digital Promise: No One Left Behind
- New Perspectives: Outsourcing Memory to Google
- Award-Winning Teacher on Technology and Learning
- Skype as Teaching Tool
- Why Are Finnish Kids So Smart?
- Teaching and Twitter
- Gaming and Education
- Learning 2030: The Question of Marks
TVOParents: Learning 2030
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Digital Literacy
- The Value of Digital Technology in the Classroom
- Making to Learn in the Digital World
- Learning in the Digital World
- The Value of Social Media in the Classroom
- Girls Learning Code
- Club Penguin Founder on Creating Safe Online Games for Kids
- Cory Doctorow on Kids and the Impact of Technology
- Is technology ‘dumbing down’ kids?
- Groups Join Up To Inspire Kids to Hack, Question and Build
- Mom Bloggers at the Launch of TVOKids Educational Games
At Richland, we are committed to re-defining education for a changing world. We may not know what the future holds for our students, but our Faculty and staff dedicate each day to preparing our students with the skills and dispositions necessary to face that world with confidence. Insight on the topics covered by TVO through the Equinox Summit assure us that we are moving in the right direction to support our students.