Are you an educator looking to engage in Reggio-inspired learning?
We are a Reggio-inspired Inquiry based school for students in Prek to Grade 6, and we are passionate about what we do.
Many teachers and early learning educators have expressed an interest in professional development at Richland. We are creating a series of programs for learning professionals; including tours, presentations, workshops, and shadowing opportunities – all designed to enrich the learning experiences of teachers and students through a Reggio-inspired inquiry based approach. Richland is currently expanding its facility to become a 21st Century learning and training facility, and we welcome you to share in this journey.
Richland Academy’s Introductory Workshops to Reggio-inspired Inquiry Learning
- What is an emergent curriculum?
- How do teachers plan for emergent learning?
- How does an emergent curriculum meet Ministry guidelines?
- Why is an emergent curriculum meaningful for learning?
The Role of the Environment:
- Why is the environment the ‘Third Teacher’?
- What materials influence a Reggio-inspired classroom?
- How can we begin to develop our classrooms?
- What is involved in the documentation process?
- How can I begin to document my students’ learning?
- What is the connection between learning and documentation?
For more information on Richland Academy’s 2013-2014 Professional Development Workshops, please contact Laura Murgatroyd, Director of Community Life.