This September, our Richland Ambassadors met with staff committee members to express their thoughts on the Richland Community and making change on a local and global level.
Each student made quite insightful comments about their learning, and the importance of being a good role model and helping others.
Some thoughts on Richland Academy and Reggio-inspired Learning:
- “Reggio-inspired learning lets children express what they do, rather than the teacher telling them.” ~Grade 6 student, Ashley B.
- “Richland is about respect, sharing and goodness!” ~Grade 2 student, Sydney E.
- “With Reggio, you can learn more than you expected when doing research.” ~Grade 6 student, Krish K.
- “I think it’s important to be a better person and better role model.” ~Grade 4 student, Jonah D.
- “I would like to show other parents what a great school Richland Academy is… a very happy place.” ~Grade 2 student, Sohara M.
- “I enjoy learning new ideas.” ~Grade 5 student, Medisa G.
Some thoughts on involvement in local and global initiatives:
- “Last year, I loved being a part of Free The Children events because I knew I was making a difference. This year, we will Adopt-A-Village in Haiti.” ~Grade 6 student, Michael D.
- “Raising money for others is a good feeling.” ~Grade 3 student, Julian B.
- “I like helping kids that don‟t have a lot of things… and making them feel better.” ~Grade 2 student, Julia D.
- “I really like the charity work we do here. I think it‟s very important.” ~Grade 3 student, Jalen G.
- “I think we should treat all people the way they treat you.” ~Grade 2 student, Alyssa L.
Some words used to describe our ‘Community of Caring’: Welcoming, Helpful, Caring, Together, Happy, Creative, Peaceful, Friendly, Encouraging, Interesting, Exciting, Energetic, Challenging, Active, Wonderful, Safe, Respectful. Recently, we presented a Richland “wordle,” composed of these words (and others) that embody our School Community as expressed by our students, staff and families.